The Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors (CORD), is a scientific and educational organization.
The purposes of CORD are:
- To improve the quality of emergency medical care;
- To establish and maintain high standards of excellence in emergency medicine training programs;
- To enhance quality of instruction in emergency medicine training programs;
- To improve the communications between the faculty of emergency medicine training programs.
All residency training programs in Emergency Medicine who are accredited by the ACGME Residency Review Committee for Emergency Medicine are eligible for full membership. All residency training programs in Emergency Medicine who are not accredited by the ACGME Residency Review Committee for Emergency Medicine are eligible for associate membership. Associate membership is also available for programs actively developing new residency training programs.
Excellence in emergency medicine education through collaboration, innovation and scholarship.
CORD Mission Statement
The mission of CORD is to be integral to the advancement of emergency medicine education. In exercising our mission, we will:
- Raise the quality of emergency medicine educational programs
- Assure that emergency medicine educational programs anticipate and adapt to the needs of the workforce
- Exercise our voice to influence issues impacting emergency medicine education
- Collaborate with other organizations on education-related initiatives
- Foster educational scholarship/research in emergency medicine