The Membership Committee compiled informal rules and procedures to make our electronic communications more enjoyable and less annoying or bothersome for others.
- Be sure to include a descriptive subject line. Emails received with no subject may likely be perceived as spam by an email filter and be deleted before reaching the recipient’s inbox.
- Personal replies and responses to listserve questions and discussion topics are of interest to others on this list. But, please avoid responding to a question as “Reply All” or “Me Too”. Only reply to the person asking the question. If you have asked the question, please compile the answers (i.e. using survey monkey, excel, etc.) and send the question and compiled answers to the group.
- The listserv should be used only for matters of relevance to EMARC.
- Always remember that the listserv contains members of different backgrounds, policies, religions, politics, etc. The listserve cannot be used for dissemination of religious beliefs, political beliefs, jokes, personal stories or social policy. Please be respectful of others.
- Do not use ALL CAPITOL LETTERS. This is considered shouting and therefore rude.
- Re-read your messages or turn on spell check. It only helps those trying to decipher your message or question.
- Please identify yourself; include your name, program, and email address to your email if not already on your signature. This will allow someone to contact you one-on-one for specific questions or information.
- Please participate. Using our listserv is a powerful resource. Your ideas are important. Just because you think everyone knows something doesn’t mean they do. No question is stupid; it’s how we all learn.
- Be respectful and considerate of your colleagues. We encourage and respect healthy disagreements. If you disagree or become upset with someone’s response or use of the listserv, reply to that person directly when appropriate.