Academic Assembly Program Committee
Current Co-Chair: Megan Fix, MD
Current Co-Chair: Moshe Weizberg, MD
Board Liaisons: Michael Epter, DO
The purpose of this committee is to coordinate, plan and oversee the annual Academic Assembly conference.
Current Goals & Objectives:
- Coordinate and oversee the didactic program and program sub-committees for the CORD Academic Assembly.
- Actively work with and engage track chairs and their respective sub-committee members with the end goal of organizing sessions and enhancing opportunities for networking.
- Provide an electronic means (e.g., AA wiki) for tracking progress of program content and fostering facilitation of ideas amongst Academic Assembly committee members.
- Hold two in-person meetings (Academic Assembly/ACEP) with subcommittee members with the option for periodic phone calls throughout the remainder of the academic year to facilitate completion of the didactic grid.
- Provide progress reports to the CORD BOD at regular intervals as well as complete committee report forms to be posted on Sharepoint.
- Work with administrative staff on the following:
- Develop an annual budget by August 1 for BOD approval.
- Coordinate and facilitate speaker expenses and reimbursement.
- Facilitate completion of the CME application and online web materials (e.g., handouts/power point presentations)
- Develop a strategic plan for promotion of Academic Assembly
- Determine locations of future Academic Assemblies
- Monitor the feedback from Academic Assembly to ensure delivery of a consistent product with measurable objectives that meets the needs and expectations of membership.
- Annually review the operations manual for AA and suggest edits/updating to the BOD.
Best Practices Track
Track Chair: Kerry McCabe, MD
Track Vice Chair: Dan Egan, MD
Track Vice Chair: Jeremy Branzetti, MD
Navigating the Academic Waters Track
Track Chair: Jan Shoenberger, MD
Track Vice Chair: Edward Ullman, MD
Clerkship Directors in Emergency Medicine Track
Track Chair: Paul Ko, MD
Track Vice Chair: Laura Thompson, MD
New Programs & Leaders
Track Chair: Taku Taira, MD
Track Vice Chair: Todd Berger, MD
Track Vice Chair: Dave Duong, MD
Track Chair: Ambrosya Amlong
Track Vice Chair: Ellen Harr Weatherby
Track Vice Chair: Kandice McLeod
Track Vice Chair: Nina Walker
Track Chair: Nicholas Governatori, MD
Track Chair: Mary Calderone, MD
Track Vice Chair: Sacha Tichter
Track Chair: Corey Heitz, MD
Innovation Vice Chair: Kriti Bhatia, MD
Research Vice Chair: Bo Burns, MD
Track Chair: Robert Cooney, MD
Track Vice Chair: Nikita Joshi, MD