Nomination and Awards Committee
Current Chair: Wallace Carter, MD
Vice Chair: TBD
Board Liaisons: President Elect
The purpose of this committee is to Identify and recruit candidates for BOD positions and review and score award nominations.
Current Goals & Objectives:
- Develop a slate of nominees for the elected positions on the CORD BOD. Forward nominations to the CORD BOD
- Solicit and review nominations for the CORD Faculty Teaching, and CORD Resident Academic Achievement Awards and recommend recipients to the CORD BOD
- Revise the scoring system for the Resident Academic Achievement award that weights year in training.
- Review and present officer nominations to BOD and offer sugestion as to an adequate number to present for voting.
- Change in deadlines was appreciated by members allowing us to have increased lead time to announce winners so that they arrange presence at the meeting. A change away from the holiday period was also appreciated.