Social Media Committee
Current Chair: Jay Khadpe, MD. FAAEM, FACEP
Vice Chair: Adam Ross, MD
Board Liaisons: Jessica Smith, MD; Jacob Ufberg, MD
The purpose of this committee is to identify best practices and create a compendium of social media applications in use by EM residency programs.
Current Goals & Objectives:
- Identify best practices and maintain a compendium of social media applications in use by EM residency programs.
- Collaborate with other CORD committees and task forces to facilitate dissemination of information using social media.
- Continue to evaluate current social media use among residents and faculty.
- Maintain and further develop the CORD blog (cordemblog.wordpress.com) as a tool to create an online community for CORD members to share and collaborate educational happenings and ideas.
- Develop a white paper on the utilization of social media as a form of scholarship for the purposes of academic promotion.
- CORD blog: cordemblog.wordpress.com
- White paper on use of social media for academic promotion
- Published Recommendations from the Council of Residency Directors (CORD) Social Media Committee on the Role of Social Media in Residency Education and Strategies on Implementation in WestJEM July 2015
- Published Evaluation of Social Media Use by Emergency Medicine Physicians