Current Chair: Tiffany Murano, MD
Co-Chair: Jessica Smith, MD
Board Liaison: Michael Epter, DO
For inquiries, questions, or comments about the committee, please send an e-mail to CORD staff.
Please visit https://community.cordem.org for more information.
Current Goals & Objectives:
Goals: To innovate and grow CORD through bold ideas and initiatives
- Create a pipeline for membership to express and develop ideas
- Establish a think tank for engaged CORD members
- Encourage innovation with deliverable products for programs and members
- Establish innovative resources for programs to utilize and excel in education
- Identify areas to develop new educational programs/resources for our members
- CORD Connects. Fourth Thursday of every month are web-based interactive sessions lead by EM leaders across the country.
- CORD Communities and Website.
- CORD Rebranding. To go with our brand new website, we now have a new shiny apple logo and are “The Council of Residency Directors in Emergency Medicine.”
- The Resilience Committee has created the Wellness mini-fellowship
- A new committee has been formed: The Diversity and Inclusion Committee has been created to address how CORD can develop best practices for recruitment and retention of under-represented minorities as well as an environment of acceptance and inclusion within our specialty.
- We are celebrating our program directors for all of the work that they do with Program Director Appreciation gifts. Hope you enjoy your phone chargers!