Four Year Program Community of Practice
Current Chair: Taku Taira, MD
Current Vice Chair:
Board Liaisons: Fiona Gallahue, MD & Jessica Smith, MD
The purpose of this community of practice is to identify program representatives at each of the PGY 1-4 programs, and interested PGY 1-3 programs, to develop a membership list for distribution of future correspondence.
Current Goals & Objectives:
To promote the value of the 4-year program model
- Respond to requests of the CORD BOD, ACGME, RRC-EM, and/or individual institutional GMECs on an occurrence basis.
- Provide assistance to any program seeking to change from a 3-year to a 4-year format
- Develop resources for programs to defend their educational justification for the RRC-EM
- Encourage collaboration amongst programs and the ability to share resources more easily, in particular regarding scholarly tracks
- Develop best practices about "what it means to be a 4-year program"
- Investigate scholarly opportunities for the group
- Create online resources to assist programs looking to move from a 3 year to 4 year format.
- Developing online tools to promote collaboration among 4 year programs.
- Develop online and print resources for programs to defend their educational justification for the RRC-EM