Suicide Prevention & Postvention Resources
Here at CORD - we want to ensure the life and safety of our doctors take first priority.
If ever you need someone to talk to or just listen, please reference one of the resources below:
Postvention Resources After a Resident Suicide
Resident Death By Suicide: The GME's Role in Response and Management
- http://www.acgme.org/Meetings-and-Events/Webinars (June 21, 2017)
- There are 3 speakers and each has had experience with resident suicide. Contact information at the end of the webinar.
Crisis/Disaster Management for a Training Program
- This plan was put together by the Alliance of Academic Internal Medicine. Dr. Lia Logio was involved in one of the interns that went off building in New York City in 2014.
After a Suicide: A Toolkit for Physician Residency/Fellowship Programs
"Time to Talk About It: Physician Depression and Suicide" Video/Discussion Session for Interns, Residents and Fellows
- An entire program that can be downloaded at the AAMC portal.
Cause of Death of Residents in ACGME-Accredited Programs 2000 Through 2014: Implications for the Learning Environment
- Support is available through the ACGME 312-755-5000 (main number).
Public Service Announcements - A Collaboration between CORD and RSA.