Current Chair: Megan Fix, MD
Vice Chair: Eric Shappell, MD
For inquiries, questions, or comments about the committee, please send an e-mail to CORD staff.
Community of practice members may send an e-mail to all members of this community of practice via the listserv at N/A
Current Goals & Objectives:
Create a Best Practices Group (similar to ACEP’s clinical competency committee). This group would look at the literature around different educational practices and provide evidence-based recommendations (or expert advice) on how to best educate residents in discrete topic-areas. Some examples include:
· Social media role in education
· Large group teaching
· Small group teaching
· Simulation - how best to use in residency education
· Board preparation – written and oral
· Timing of education conferences - all in one day vs spread throughout a week vs decreased number of hours but increased individualized interactive instruction
· Procedure education
· Incorporating Individualized Interactive Instruction into Residency Education
· Journal Club Best Practices
Establish a CORD Education Certificate Program
Expand CORD’s virtual footprint to serve as a database/repository for programs to use for curricula and education.
Develop modules/webinars that are of utility to CORD Members
- Establish CORD’s footprint as the leader in providing expertise to programs that seek initial accreditation or are applying for continued accreditation.