Current Chair: Dan Egan, MD
Co-Chair: Jason Wagner, MD
Board Liaison: Moshe Weizberg, MD
For inquiries, questions, or comments about the committee, please send an e-mail to CORD staff.
Please visit https://community.cordem.org for more information.
Current Goals & Objectives:
- Coordinate and oversee the didactic program and program sub-committees for the CORD Academic Assembly.
- Actively work with and engage track chairs and their respective sub-committee members with the end goal of organizing sessions and enhancing opportunities for networking.
- Provide an electronic means (e.g., AA wiki) for tracking progress of program content and fostering facilitation of ideas amongst Academic Assembly committee members.
- Hold two in-person meetings (Academic Assembly/ACEP) with subcommittee members with the option for periodic phone calls throughout the remainder of the academic year to facilitate completion of the didactic grid.
- Provide progress reports to the CORD BOD at regular intervals as well as complete committee report forms to be posted on Sharepoint.
- Work with administrative staff on the following:
- Develop an annual budget by August 1 for BOD approval.
- Coordinate and facilitate speaker expenses and reimbursement.
- Facilitate completion of the CME application and online web materials (e.g., handouts/power point presentations)
- Develop a strategic plan for promotion of Academic Assembly
- Determine locations of future Academic Assemblies
- Monitor the feedback from Academic Assembly to ensure delivery of a consistent product with measurable objectives that meets the needs and expectations of membership.
- Annually review the operations manual for AA and suggest edits/updating to the BOD.