Vice-Chair Nominations Criteria
The Vice-Chair will be expected to:
- Make a serious commitment to EMARC matters for the entire one-year term and two-year commitment.
- Regularly attend EMARC meetings and conference calls.
- Regularly attend the CORD Board of Directors meetings and important related meetings and participate in CORD Board conference calls.
- Participate actively in EMARC committee work.
- Volunteer for and willingly accept assignments. Follow through projects to timely and thorough completion.
- Be informed on current EMARC and CORD issues and topics of discussion, prepare thoroughly for meetings, and review, and comment on reports.
- Actively participate in the CORD Board's annual strategic planning.
- Act as an ambassador for EMARC, representing the organization's mission to membership, other emergency medicine organizations, and when serving as the Vice-Chair during interactions in public.
Qualifications for Vice-Chair:
- Must have general qualifications listed above.
- Must be a current or past Program Coordinator or Manager.
- Must be a current EMARC/CORD member.
- This position is a two (2) year commitment.
- 1st-year Chair-Elect
- 2nd-year Chair
CORD Board of Directors Meetings
The CORD Board of Directors have required monthly 2-hour conference calls (the second Thursday of every month) and the following in-person meetings:
- 2020 CORD Academic Assembly NYC-Board Meeting: March 7, 2020, Academic Assembly Conference: March 7 - March 11, 2020
- 2020 ACEP Scientific Assembly Dallas- Board Meeting: October 27, 2020
- 2020 CORD Board Retreat - Date and Venue to be Determined (Anticipate 2 1/2 Days between mid-August/mid-September)
- 2021 CORD Academic Assembly New Orleans - Board Meeting: April 10, 2021, Academic Assembly Conference: April 11-15, 2021
Vice-Chair Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose: To assume the duties and responsibilities of the Chair in his/her absence. Work closely with the Chair to become familiar with the duties and responsibilities of the Chair’s position. Assume the office of Chair when the Chair is unavailable.
- Attend meetings for EMARC and CORD Board of Directors
- Act as a liaison to CORD Board of Directors and report back to EMARC
- Work closely with the Chair to become familiar with the duties and responsibilities of the Chair’s position.
- Assume the office of Chair when the Chair is unavailable.
- Chair any of the ad hoc committees, which may be formed to carry out the responsibilities of the Executive Committee.
- Fill the unexpired term of a Chair who resigns or otherwise leaves per the guidelines in the Structure section
Rationale: This role is important to ensure the orderly transition of Executive Committee leadership. To be adequately prepared he/she will work closely with the Chair. The Vice-Chair must be familiar with the Executive Committee’s various projects and the work of the standing/ad hoc committees in the event that he/she must take over the duties of the Chair.
Chair Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose: To lead EMARC as the principal elected member of EMARC.
- Work with CORD to see that all orders and resolutions of the membership are carried out.
- Coordinate the work of the members of the standing/ad hoc committees.
- Call special meetings as the need arises.
- Facilitate EMARC decision making.
- Develop a positive working relationship with CORD.
- Act as an official spokesperson for EMARC and report back to the membership
- Work with the Membership/Newsletter Committee to recruit new members.
- Foster a sense of team spirit in EMARC
- Complete and submit all sub-committee Chairs’ requests for project funds by utilizing CORDS’ online Project Request Form.
Rationale: The Chair’s main responsibilities are to work with members to ensure EMARC continues to evolve.