Given the resident closure of programs, we are starting a residency closure task force with the following objectives:
- continue to support AOA certified residencies who are working on initial ACGME accreditation
- identify tools that would be helpful for our members and their residents in situations when programs close
- identify the needs of Program Directors and Residents that are caught in these situations
- determine the responsibilities/obligations of CORD when residencies close: are there limits?
- is there a need for a website/CORD education tool that could be developed for ongoing education