We are committed to making the Academic Assembly the best experience CORD can offer. We want to encourage education and be supportive of working parents while being good financial stewards for the Organization. In 2019 CORD and EMRA committed more than $15k to childcare at the conference that was utilized by less than 10% of our attendees. We feel the childcare credit/refund offering for the 2020 Academic Assembly is a better alternative that may support more members while also being the best financially responsible plan.
CORD, in partnership with EMRA, is pleased to offer a $400 credit/refund to attendees that purchase in-room childcare services during education hours of the 2020 CORD Academic Assembly from one of the following agencies:
- Hotel Concierge – Average Rate? Variable depending on the Provider recommended.
- The Baby-Sitters’ Guild - Average Rate? $42/hour for 1 child. $45/hr for 2 children. 4-hour minimum. $10 transportation fee for sitter
- Sitters Studio - Average Rate? Each sitter sets their individual rate. They suggested parents create an account on their website and explore the different costs
- American Childcare - Average Rate? $35/ hr. 4-hour minimum
- Nanno.com - Average Rate? $35/hr up to 2 children. $40/hr up to 4 children.
- Sitter City - Average Rate? Each sitter sets their individual rate. They suggested parents create an account on their website and explore the different costs
- SmartSitting - Average Rate? $20-$30 an Hour based on the number of children, term and other factors discussed.
- Sensible Sitters - Average Rate? $22/hr 1 child. $24/hr 2 children. After 3 days of service, there is a $150 annual fee.
- Care.com - Average Rate? Each sitter sets their individual rate. They suggested parents create an account on their website and explore the different costs. Their website says the average is $18.25 but this may be higher in NYC.
- NY Pinch Sitters - Average Rate? $25/hr. 4-hour minimum.
- Momni - Average Rate? Services range from $10-40, so an average of $25/hr.
Have another provider suggestion for attendees? email email@example.com
Educational Hours approves for Child Care credit:
- Saturday, March 7 –- 6:30 am – 6:30 pm (12 hours) – EMRA EVENTS ONLY
- Sunday, March 8 -- 6:30 am to 5:30 pm (11.0 hours)
- Monday, March 9 -- 6:30 am to 1:30 pm (7.0 hours)
- Monday, March 9 -- 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm (3.5 hours)
- Tuesday, March 10 -- 6:30 am to 5:30 pm (11.0 hours)
- Wednesday, March 11 -- 6:30 am to 1:00 pm (6.5 hours)
How to claim your credit
Any CORD 2020 Academic Assembly registrant who purchases child care from one of the providers listed above should bring their receipt to the CORD Registration/Information desk on-site to apply for reimbursement up to $400.
Applications are ONLY available onsite at CORD Academic Assembly and any requests received after the conference has ended cannot be accepted. Only child care provided by the agencies listed above, during the hours identified above as educational hours, and with a receipt will be reimbursed.