Current Chair: Lindsay MacConaghy, MD
Vice Chair: Ryan F. Coughlin, MD
Board Liaisons: Arlene Chung, MD
The purpose of this committee is to identify and disseminate best practices in remediation.
For inquiries, questions, or comments about the committee, please send an e-mail to CORD staff
Milestones - Patient Care SDOT's
- Address the existing and emerging challenges for identifying and remediating EM residents.
- Develop and modify best practices for remediation across the 23 milestones
- Promote scholarship by studying current remediation practices and remaining up to date in literature review of remediation
- Establish a resident leadership opportunity on the Remediation Committee
- Standardize the language of remediation using the guidelines of practice and training as established by the ACGME
- Create a unified voice with increased transparency regarding the process, terms, and outcomes of remediation for residents, PDs, and future employers
- Continue work groups based on current remediation needs. The 2018-2019 work groups are Remediation of Professionalism, Simulation for Remediation, and Early Identification of Remediation Needs.
- Release the CORD Standard Remediation Contract, available on the website
- Publish best practices in remediation
- Meet at CORD and ACEP to discuss activities, ideas and productivity.
- Recommend that each sub-group communicate at regular intervals to discuss and maintain group progress.
- Contribute the Remediation Consults service and share consults/lessons learned with the CORD membership
- Fully operational Remediation Committee Consult Service with an active email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Case log of Remediation consults and also examples developed by committee memberships
- Operational and updated Remediation Committee page on the CORD website
- Provide additional resources on the Remediation of Professionalism
- Develop standardized simulation cases to aid with resident remediation
- Determine assessment tools to earlier identify residents who may ultimately require remediation
- 8 publications on Remediation from members of the Remediation Committee
- 6 successful formal didactic sessions at CORD as well as 3 workshop sessions geared towards consults with committee members
- Remediation Resources Webpages
- Completion of 12 Remediation Consults