Physician Suicide Podcasts
Physician Suicide Videos
- Make the Difference: Preventing Medical Trainee Suicide (video)
- Just Ask (video)
- I Would Call (video)
- Unspoken: Doctor depression and suicide (video)
- NPSA Day Power Point (download)
- Struggling in Silence (video)
- Failed Coping: Recognizing and responding to suicide risk in our students, residents and colleagues (video)
- Breaking the Silence-Preventing Physician Suicide (video)
Recommendations on Messaging with Suicide
- Language Matters: Committed Suicide vs Completed Suicide vs Died by Suicide- https://www.speakingofsuicide.com/2017/09/21/suicide-language/
- Action Alliance Framework for Successful Messaging – This resource provides guidance for anyone who is messaging to the public about suicide and suicide prevention (with the exception of news and entertainment media) to help ensure that those messages are strategic, safe, contribute to a positive narrative, and follow applicable guidelines.
- Recommendations for Reporting on Suicide – This resource, developed specifically for journalists and other members of the media, offers recommendations and examples of how to cover the topic of suicide without increasing risk.
- Last year, the American Association of Suicidology hosted a "Facebook flurry" where they gathered the brightest minds and strongest advocates for suicide prevention. Browse the conversations below.